Paneer masala is one of the dish without which an Indian buffet is never complete. It is a super delicious recipe and also easy to prepare. Today I am preparing paneer masala recipe in a very simple manner which you will love for sure.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 20 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Side dish Cuisine : North Indian, Punjabi
Ingredients: 250 Gms cottage cheese (paneer) 1 Large finely chopped onion 1 Cup fresh tomato puree 1 Tablespoon ginger-garlic paste 1 Teaspoon chilli powder 0.5 Teaspoon garam masala 1 Teaspoon coriander powder 1 Teaspoon kasoori methi 2 Tablespoon butter Salt to taste Cilantro
- In a bowl take hot water and dip cottage cheese (paneer) in it and set aside.
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water and close it. After 10 minutes, drain the water, remove the skin and puree the tomatoes.
- Heat the pan and put butter to melt.
- Add chopped onion, ginger –garlic paste and salt. Sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Now, add tomato puree, and all the spice powder mentioned above.
- Cook until the raw smell of the tomato goes.
- Cut paneer into cubes and add it to the tomato paste and mix well.
- Add a little water and kasoori methi. Simmer and cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with roti, paratha, naan.