Recipe of the week 🙂
Shahi paneer is one of the popular paneer recipe.
Shahi means royal and as the name itself suggests this is a royal paneer dish. This shahi paneer is prepared with cashew nut, yogurt and tomato that takes it to an exotic level with all the aroma of the spices infused.
I have already shared Paneer Makhani, Paneer Masala, Tawa Paneer Masala, Matar Paneer, Paneer Tikka – Appetizer, Achari Paneer, Paneer Tikka Masala, Spicy Dry Masala Paneer Recipe, Baby Corn And Paneer Jalfrezi, Paneer And Baby Corn Stir Fry, Palak Paneer you can check it in my previous posts.
The dish is served with roti, naan, kulcha or rice. If you want make the shahi paneer with white gravy, then just skip using red chili powder and use green chilies to add the hint of heat or spice.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main course
Cuisine : Indian
200 Gms paneer cubes
1 Inch ginger
5-6 Garlic cloves
1 Large tomato, chopped
1 Large onion, chopped
2 Green cardamom pods
1 Inch cinnamon stick
1/3 Cup yogurt
1/3 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1/3 Teaspoon coriander powder
1/3 Teaspoon cumin powder
2 Tablespoons oil
1 Tablespoon fresh cream
Salt to taste
- In a bowl take hot water and dip paneer in it and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan, add in the onion, ginger, garlic and sauté until soft. Then add in the tomato and cashew nuts and sauté again for few minutes or until mushy.
- Once done switch off the flame and transfer it to a plate and cool.
- Blend this mixture without adding any water to a smooth puree or paste.
- Now, to the same pan heat the remaining oil and add in the whole spices given in the ingredients above. sauté for few seconds on a medium flame.
- Add in the blended mixture, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix all together, Cook on a low flame.
- Bring the flame to low and add yogurt. Cook till it begins to leave the sides of the pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup water and cook till the gravy thickens or till the oil begins to separate.
- Add paneer to the mixture and mix well. Simmer and cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer the shahi paneer to a serving bowl, garnish it with fresh cream.
Enjoy and serve hot.
If you have frozen paneer then place it in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes to make it soft and tender.