Recipe of the week 🙂
This is one of the simplest recipe for any festive occasion. The recipe can be made under 15 minutes. There are many versions of preparing coconut burfi and today I am sharing one of the easiest method to make coconut burfi in this post.
I do not get the fresh coconut here, hence I have used the desiccated coconut. I personally prefer this, however a lot of people love to prepare with fresh coconut. This coconut burfi is all about coconuts, and it reminds me of my childhood. The only difference is that I’m going to add sugar instead of condensed milk.
My favorite part of this coconut burfi is the texture and flavor of the lightly toasted coconut.
You might have noticed that this recipe is very similar to the coconut ladoos. Both recipes use the same ingredients – coconut, sugar and cardamom, but here in this dish I have added some more ingredients to make the dish more interesting and delicious.
So what are we waiting for let’s begin 🙂
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 20 minutes
Servings : 12 Burfis
Category : Dessert, Sweet
Cuisine : South Indian
2 Cups desiccated coconut
3/4 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup milk
3 Tablespoons ghee
1 Teaspoon cardamom powder
8-10 Slices of almond
- Roast the desiccated coconut on a low flame for around 2 to 3 minutes. Set them aside.
- Grease a pan or tray and keep it ready.
- In a pan melt ghee and add in the roasted desiccated coconut.
- Add in the sugar and mix well, until the sugar starts to melt. This takes around 2 minutes.
- Next, on medium flame add milk and give it a good mix, when it starts separating from the pan add cardamom powder and give a final mix.
- Continue to cook until the mixture comes together and begins to leave the sides of the pot and mix well continuously.
- Once done transfer it on a greased tray, gently press and set to a square shape.
- Furthermore, add sliced almond and press it gently.
- When its still hot, cut to square shapes or the shapes you desired and allow to cool completely.
- Finally, serve coconut burfi or store in airtight container. It remains fresh for a week without refrigeration.
Rough nutrition info per serving