You can find versions of egg items in my previous post, but this is little different from all. Why? Because it tastes great with minimal ingredients.
I prepared this curry for a get together and was a big hit. This dish can be served with roti, paratha or any flavored rice.
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main course
Cuisine : Indian
4 Boiled eggs
1 Medium onion, finely chopped
1 Medium tomato, finely chopped
2-3 Green chilies, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon ginger-garlic, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 Teaspoon Meat masala powder
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Bay leaf
3 Tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
- Place eggs in a vessel add 1/2 tsp. of salt and enough water to cover the eggs. Bring water to boil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water, pour cold water over it and remove the shell. Perfect hard-boiled eggs are ready.
- Make slits on the top and bottom, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put little bit of turmeric powder and salt. Drop all the eggs, fry it till slightly change its color and keep aside.
- Chop tomatoes, onion, green chilies, ginger and garlic.
- Heat pan, add in the remaining oil. When the oil is hot enough add in the cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- When it sputters add green chilies, onion, ginger-garlic and salt. Cook till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, meat masala and cook until tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Now, add in the fried eggs along with garam masala. Mix everything well, add 1/2 cup water (if required), cover it with the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Rough nutrition info per serving