I have already shared spicy potato curry in my previous post, and today I am sharing another version of potato curry which is equally easier and tastier.
The recipe is one of the most basic recipe and goes well with paratha, rice and pulao. Here I have used boiled potato to prepare the curry, but this recipe can be made in pressure cooker to fasten the cooking. What else should I write, you will know as you read further 🙂 .
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Side dish
Cuisine : Indian
2 Cups boiled potato
1 Medium sized chopped tomato
1 Medium sized chopped onion
1 Tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 Teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 Teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 Teaspoon dry mango powder
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
2-3 Tablespoons oil
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook potatoes for 4 whistles or until soft.
- Once it cools down, Peel the skin and cut them into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add in the chopped onion and needed salt, sauté for few minutes. Then add ginger and garlic paste, sauté again for a minute or till the raw smell is gone.
- Now, add tomatoes along with dry ingredients, sauté and cook for few minutes on a low flame.
- Add boiled potato and mix everything properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, mix and cover the pan, cook for another 3-4 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with cilantro, potato curry is ready to serve with paratha or rice.
Rough nutrition info per serving