Masoor dal namkeen is a tasty and crispy tea time snack. This is one of the most easy recipe, which can be prepared at home with minimal ingredients.
This spicy and savory snack can be served to guests or can be munched on anytime, I am sure everyone will love it.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Soaking time : 4 hours
Cooking time : 5 to 6 minutes per batch
Total time : 20 minutes ( excluding soaking time)
Yields : 1 Box
Category : Snacks
Cuisine : Indian
2 Cups masoor dal
Chaat masala powder to taste
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Rinse the masoor dal thoroughly under running water and keep them in enough water for 4 hours.
- Later, drain out the excess water and spread the dal on a muslin cloth for 15 to 20 minutes to remove the extra water from them.
- Heat enough oil in a wok to deep fry the dal. When the oil reaches the smoking point, Add in the masoor dal.
- Stir in between and fry them on high flame till they start floating on the surface of the oil.
- Approximately it took 3 minutes to fry the masoor dal.
- Transfer the fried dal on the kitchen towel and add in the chaat masala powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve along with hot cup of tea or coffee. Store them in an container once they cools off completely.
Rough nutrition info per serving :