Recipe of the week 🙂
This recipe is an easy and tasty snack which I had made few weeks ago. I made it in just few minutes and it tasted divine. So crispy and so yummy. I have already shared a spicy version before, this is a sweet one..
This is a crispy fried snack, which is coated in a sugar syrup which has cooked really well, so it creates a sugary crust over the cuts.
It is one of the easy snack recipes that you can even make it in the last minute for packing kids snack box. These biscuits are quite addictive that I bet you cannot stop munching when you start them.
Do try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you..
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Yields : 4
Category : Snacks
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup All purpose flour
1 Tablespoon ghee
Salt to taste
Water as needed
Oil for deep frying
For sugar syrup
1/2 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup water
Making the dough:
- Sieve the all purpose flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Add ghee in a bowl and rub with your fingers till it resembles a coarse crumb. Add water slowly and knead to a dough. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
Making sweet diamond cuts:
- Knead it again and divide the dough into equal parts (lemon sized balls). Now, take 1 portion and roll it into a thin circle. Dust flour as and when needed. Roll it as thin as possible.
- Using the pizza cutter or a knife cut first vertically then horizontally to form small diamonds. Carefully separate them and make it ready.
- Heat oil and keep it ready. To check if the oil is at the correct temperature, pinch a tiny portion of dough and drop it to the oil if it raises to top immediately then oil is at the correct temperature…else heat the oil for few more seconds.
- Now gently gather the diamonds and drop in hot oil, Cook in medium to low flame – turn over for even cooking. Deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain in kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil. Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
Making sugar syrup:
- Add in the sugar and water in a pan, mix well till sugar is melted, now boil and cook until you get one string consistency.
- Switch off the flame, add the fried diamond cuts in this and coat it well. As it cools the sugar will harden.
- Cool this completely and store it in a air tight container.
Enjoy crispy and yummy snack with tea or coffee.
Rough nutrition info per serving