Recipe of the week 🙂
Here is another Indian recipe known as dosa stuffed with spicy chicken filling. It was so delicious that I couldn’t stop myself to post in here and share with you guys.
You could make this for weekends and also for kids on other days too. A simple and delicious dosa. Dosa cooks in a minute and the preparation of the filling is also so easy.
The dish is little hot, little tangy and topped with a cilantro that is usually considered essential part of a meal. When I made the chicken masala, I separated little bit so that can eat it with salad also. If you have any left over, both the chicken masala and dosa batter freeze well.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Total time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2 Dosas
Category : Breakfast or evening snacks
Cuisine : South Indian
Calories per serving: 417, Fat: 29.14.3g, Saturated fat:3.7g, Trans fat: 0.1g, Sodium:275mg, Sugars: 4.8g, Protein: 9.91g, Carbohydrates: 29.9g, Fiber: 3.1g
1 Cup Dosa batter
Oil for making dosas
For preparing chicken masala:
1/2 Chicken Breast
1 Medium sized onion, finely sliced
1 Large tomato, finely chopped
2 Green chilies, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 Teaspoon coriander powder
2 Teaspoons Kashmiri red chili powder
2 Tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and pat dry the chicken breast, then chop them finely.
- Add finely chopped tomato and green chilies. Slice the onion and make a paste of ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add the onion, ginger and garlic paste, sauté till the raw flavor leaves and the color of the onion starts to become golden.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes, green chilies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder and salt. Cook till soft and mushy.
- Now add the finely chopped chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cook till the chicken pieces are soft and the masalas are almost dry.
- Later sprinkle cilantro and mix well.
- Grease tawa with oil and heat it on a low to medium flame. Pour a ladle full of batter on the tawa and spread it in a circular motion.
- After a few seconds, Drizzle a tsp. of oil around the dosa and place a scoop of masala filling on top of the dosa; roast till the dosa becomes crisp and golden and fold the dosa into half.
- Remove from tawa and serve hot!