Recipe of the week 🙂
It’s a delicious and a quick breakfast or snack recipe that can be served to kids and mainly it can be given as a school snack or as an evening snack. It makes a great combo with tomato ketchup or green chutney. Normally I leave out the chutney which is spread inside and have only the sandwich.
It is healthy, easy to make and really tasty. It is one of the simplest dishes for beginners or bachelors to try. You can make it simple or spice it up. You could also add a few veggies and make it more nutritious. So here is the recipe.
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Total time : 10 minutes
Servings : 1
Category : Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch box
Cuisine : Indian
Calories per serving: 306, Fat: 23.4g, Saturated fat: 4.9g, Trans fat: 0g, Sodium: 402mg, Sugars: 2.7g, Protein: 12.8g, Carbohydrates: 12.6g, Fiber: 1.1g
2 Slices of white bread
3 Tablespoons onion, chopped
2 Green chilies, finely chopped
Pinch of turmeric powder
Pinch of pepper powder
Curry leaves, few
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Break eggs into a bowl. Add finely chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves, turmeric powder, salt and pepper powder. Beat well with a fork until foamy.
- Slightly toast bread on both the sides.
- Heat and grease a tawa. Pour the egg mixture and spread it slightly to get thin, bigger omelette. Allow it to cook for a minute.
- Place the bread slices on top of it to absorb the uncooked egg mixture. Then turn the bread over to the other side.
- Now flip the omelette carefully by holding both the bread slices and cook on the other side till done.
Serve hot and Enjoy!