Recipe of the week 🙂
One of my favorite meal for breakfast. It is quick and easy to make and also one of the most delicious sandwiches I have had. This is very creamy and sure a great alternate for the cheesy spreads.
The bread I have used here is white bread. This also goes well with brown bread or any type of bread. I have grilled the sandwich. If you have oven or hand toaster, you can even use these.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Total time : 15 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Breakfast
Cuisine : Indian
Calories per serving: 353, Fat: 26.5g, Saturated fat: 4.8g, Trans fat: 0g, Sodium:368 mg, Sugars: 1.7g, Protein: 8.6g, Carbohydrates: 23.6g, Fiber: 7.4g
6 Slices of bread ( any sandwich bread)
Butter as required
For avocado spread:
1 Ripe avocado
50 Gms paneer
1/2 Ripe tomato
1 Small onion chopped
2 Green chilies chopped
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Teaspoon black pepper powder
Salt to taste
- Cut avocado lengthwise around the seed and open it. Discard the seed and scoop out the pulp using a spoon.
- Grate paneer and set aside. Finely chop green chilies, tomato and onion.
- Mash avocado pulp with a fork or spoon until creamy.
- Add finely chopped onion, tomato, green chilies, cilantro and grated paneer.
- Add salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice, mix well. Our avocado spread for the sandwich is ready.
- Take bread slices and spread the avocado mixture on the bread slices.
- Top it up with another bread slice, again spread some avocado mixture on the bread slice and press gently.
- Apply butter on bread side facing towards the grill. Repeat the same for rest of bread pieces.
- Place sandwich on the grill toaster and toast until bread becomes brown and crispy or as you like your sandwich to be, repeat it for another batch.
- You can use oil if you don’t like butter.
- You can do the same on a hot tawa or pan too and press gently bread while roasting.