Recipe of the week 🙂
This is a wonderful spicy chicken curry which is full of flavor. I made this recipe long back and thought it is one of the easiest recipes and I should post. This is pretty easy to make and tastes really good.
There is no marination needed or grinding any masala. I used Kashmiri chili so it gave a wonderful color and it was less spicy. I make different styles of chicken each time, I usually tend not to make the same recipe again and again. There are so many recipes to try. We have thousands of recipes to try in every cuisine.
So here you go, enjoy!!
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 40 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main
Cuisine : Indian
Calories per serving: 334, Fat: 20.3g, Saturated fat: 2.2g, Trans fat: 0g, Sodium:70mg, Sugars: 19.2g, Protein: 27.9g, Carbohydrates: 9.4g, Fiber: 2.4g
500 Gms chicken
1 Tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
2-3 Green chilies
2 Large onions, chopped
2 Medium tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
1 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 Teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 Teaspoon cumin powder
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
2 Bay leaves
2-3 Dried red chilies
4-5 Tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes, slit green chilies .
- In a pot heat oil and add bay leaves, dried red chilies and cumin seeds. Sauté it on medium flame for few seconds.
- Add ginger- garlic paste, onion, green chilies and salt. Sauté until golden brown.
- Now, add in the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder. Sauté and cook for sometime.
- When the oil starts to separate , add in the chicken and mix well until they are well coated with gravy.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 8-10 minutes on low-medium flame, keep stirring in between.
- Add 1-cup water, and mix well. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is tender. ( If you are preparing in pressure cooker then give 5-6 whistles)
- Switch off the heat and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Enjoy this easy and delicious chicken curry with paratha or any rice item.