Recipe of the week 🙂
After Punjabi Dhaba Style Chicken Drumsticks, Butter Chicken / Chicken Makhani, Chicken Do Pyaza, Chicken Fry – Kerala Style, Chicken Fry / Chicken Varattiyathu Kerala Style, Konkani Chicken Recipe, Spicy Chicken Breasts, Tandoori Chicken Recipe – Grilled and Chicken Curry For Beginners it’s time to prepare lemon chicken.
This easy lemon chicken recipes is one of our most popular main dish chicken recipes. This lemon chicken recipe yields tender chicken bites with a dominant flavor of lemon juice and mild spices. Slightly tangy, mildly hot with full of flavors.
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 50 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main
Cuisine : Indian , Punjabi
4-5 Pieces of chicken drumsticks
1 Large onion
1 Medium sized tomato
1 Medium sized potato
5-6 Green chilies
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger – garlic
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1 Teaspoon black pepper powder
1 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1 Teaspoon coriander powder
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
4 Tablespoons oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Cup water
Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
- Make 2 to 3 deep incisions into the meat.
- Cut onions into thin slices, slit green chilies, chop tomatoes and finely chop ginger-garlic.
- In a kadai heat oil, add in the onion and salt. Sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and potatoes. Sauté again for few minutes or until soft.
- Once done, grind the mixture to a paste without adding water.
- Now, in a same kadai heat oil and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add chopped ginger – garlic, green chilies. Sauté for few minutes and add in the ground mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes or when oil starts to separate.
- Its time to add lemon juice and all dry ingredients like turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and sugar. Mix well and cook again for 3-4 minutes.
- Drop the chicken pieces and mix well until they are well coated with gravy.
- Add 1-cup water and mix well. Cover and allow it to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is tender and you will notice that the gravy has a smooth and thick consistency.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot!!