Dosa is a staple breakfast at home and is made and served in many ways.
Cheese dosa is also one of the recipes I make, which I haven’t posted yet. At times I add some grated carrots, tomatoes, onions and bell peppers. In fact you can choose any veggies of your choice.
Cheese dosa recipe is very easy to prepare all you need is dosa batter and cheese. For cheese, I have used mozzarella cheese.
Serve cheese dosa with sambar or any chutney.
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 20 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Breakfast, Brunch
Cuisine : South Indian
3 Cups dosa batter
1 Small onion, chopped
1 Carrot, grated
1/2 Cup green bell pepper
2 Green chilies
4 Tablespoons red chili chutney
8 Tablespoons mozzarella cheese (use as needed more or less)
Oil as needed
- Chop onion, green chilies, green bell pepper and cilantro. Grate carrot and set aside.
- Bring the dosa batter to right consistency. It has to be slightly thick.
Preparing the Cheese dosa:
- Grease a iron tawa, add few drops of oil. Cut an onion into half and rub it all over the tawa.
- Once the tawa is heated, pour a ladleful of batter in the center and spread it evenly in a circular shape. Ensure the dosa is not too thin. Drizzle some oil all around and let it cook till the underside is done. Spread red chutney all over.
- Add onion, grated carrot, bell pepper, green chilies and cilantro. Press them slightly with wooden spatula.
- Add oil around the edges and cook on medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now, add in the cheese and allow it to melt. Fold it to your desired shape.
- Sprinkle cheese over the hot cheese dosa.
- Serve cheese dosa with sambar or any chutney.