I have already posted masala dosa recipe, you can check it in my previous post. There are several varieties and flavors prepared from dosa batter. Among them, Mysore masala dosa is one of the popular dosa recipe originated from Mysore, Karnataka.
The recipe is just like the Mysore masala dosa served in Bangalore and Mysore restaurants, as I have tasted Mysore masala dosa when I was in Bangalore J. Its rich and filling, enough to see you’re through the day.
This addictive rich dosa has a crisp exterior and the spongy interior is liberally smeared with butter or ghee, over which a layer of red chutney is smothered and finished off with potato masala, folded in half and served with accompaniments like sambar and coconut chutney.
The best way to finish off this ultimate breakfast indulgence is a cup of strong filter coffee.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Breakfast, Brunch
Cuisine : South Indian, Mysore
Ingredients needed for the red chutney:
5-6 Dried red chilies
5-6 Garlic cloves
1 Inch ginger
½ Cup roasted chana
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
Preparing the red chutney:
To make the red chutney, in a mixer add in the dried red chilies, garlic, ginger, roasted chana dal and salt. Add a little water and lemon juice and grind it to smooth paste.
Preparing the Mysore masala dosa:
- Grease a non-stick or iron tawa, add few drops of oil. Cut an onion into half and rub it all over the tawa.
- Once the tawa is heated, pour a ladleful of batter in the center and spread it evenly in a circular shape. Ensure the dosa is not too thin. Drizzle some butter or ghee all around and let it cook till the underside is done. Spread red chutney all over.
- Now, place the potato sabzi in the center and fold the dosa into half.
- Remove from tawa and serve hot with chutney and sambar.
- Repeat making more on the hot tawa.