Recipe of the week 🙂
It is a great homemade Italian ravioli recipe. Ravioli with Pesto Sauce makes an easy, quick meal! and it is a weeknight favorite!
While I’ve made homemade ravioli and it works beautifully in this recipe. This recipe uses just four ingredients.
While the ravioli is cooking, I made the pesto sauce. I don’t buy pesto from shop, I make my own pesto.
Then, once the ravioli has cooked, poured it over ravioli. It was so delish and very easy. Your family will love it. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Prep time : 1 hour
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Pasta
Cuisine : Italian
1/2 Cup basil pesto – freshly made
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
For the ravioli dough:
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Large eggs with yolks
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
For the filling:
2 Cups packed baby spinach
1/2 Cup ricotta cheese
1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
Making the filling:
- Wash and blanch the baby spinach. Once done drain it completely and keep aside.
- Once the spinach is completely cool down mix it with ricotta cheese, ground black pepper and salt until well blended, set aside filling until needed.
Making the ravioli dough:
- Sift the flour and salt together to a large bowl and making a well in the center of the flour.
- Drop eggs into the flour well, using your hand, combine the eggs and flour together, gradually adding enough warm water to make a stiff dough.
- later put a tsp. of oil and knead the dough well, until smooth; cover the dough and let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- After an hour, cut dough in half and roll each half of the dough out on a floured board, into a very thin sheet.
Filling the ravioli:
- Drop about 1 teaspoonful of filling about 1 1/2 inches apart all along the dough.
- When the sheet of dough is fully dotted with dabs of filling mixture, cover filling with other sheet of dough.
- Using your fingers, gently press dough between each dab of filling to seal it.
- Cut ravioli into squares with a very sharp knife.
- Allow the ravioli to dry.
Cooking the ravioli:
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Drop ravioli and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until dough is tender.
- Remove cooked ravioli from pot carefully with a skimmer and drain well.
- Place drained ravioli on a serving platter in layers, with some basil pesto sauce and a sprinkling of grated cheese between each ravioli layer.
- Add cherry tomatoes if you like.
Serve hot and enjoy your weekend with this delicious ravioli recipe and of course with some red wine!