Recipe of the week 🙂
Sabudana idli recipe is a healthy breakfast recipe. And believe me these idlis are so delicious when served with chutney and sambar. The best part of sago idli is it does not require urad dal. Rice, rava mixed with curd gives the proper fermentation to idli batter.
Sabudana idli does not follow the conventional idli recipe. Yet delivers the same amazing taste of idli. Plus, the advantage of sago idli is, in each bite you would get the spongy taste of sabudana.
Sabudana is loaded with carbohydrates and its light on stomach, hence its preferable when your child is down with fever, cold or diarrhea. This idli is a quick and easy breakfast recipe you can make for a busy morning.
Now let’s get on to check how to make this easy sabudana idli recipe.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Serves : 15 Idlis
Category : Breakfast
Cuisine : South Indian
1/2 Cup sabudana
1 Cup idli rava
2 Cups Yogurt, fresh or sour
1-2 Cups of water, add as required
1/4 Teaspoon baking soda, optional
Oil to grease idli molds
Salt to taste
- In a large bowl mix sabudana, idli rava, sour yogurt and required water. Mix every thing well and keep the batter to rest and ferment overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Next day, mix the batter well. Do not mash as the pearls of sabudana may break.
- Add needed salt and 1/2 cup water as required to adjust the consistency of idli batter.
- Now, just before steaming add in a pinch of baking soda and mix well till it turns frothy.
- Brush the plates with oil and pour the batter immediately into the idli plate.
- Steam it for 8-10 minutes on medium flame. When it’s done, allow it to rest for 5 minutes then unmold.
- Finally, serve hot with any chutney and sambar.