This bright soup is super healthy with a flavorful kick. Carrots and ginger each bring a unique quality to this delicious pureed vegetable soup.
Freshly grated ginger gives this sweet carrot puree a hint of heat and flavor. Soups are excellent warming meal during winter days. There is no doubt carrot and ginger soup can be served even on super hot summer days.
Did I mention how super simple this Carrot Ginger Soup is to make? It can be done in only 30 minutes and that’s why it’s PERFECT for busy families who want to eat healthy meal.
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Soup
Cuisine : Comfort food
2 Medium sized carrots, thinly sliced
1 Large tomato
1 Medium sized onion, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon ginger, chopped
2-3 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Teaspoon black peppercorns
1 Tablespoon oil or butter
2 Cups water
Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and thinly slice carrots.
- Peel and slice onions. Chop ginger and garlic.
- Heat butter or oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add in the black peppercorns, onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for few minutes.
- Add carrots and salt. Sauté for few more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cover and cook on medium flame till tomatoes are soft.
- Now, add water and cover it with the lid. Cook again till carrots are soft.
- Next, slightly cool the mixture and blend till smooth. Strain and boil it again for 2-3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle crushed peppercorns and serve immediately.