Continuing the series of soups with winter/ spring. Here is another creamy soup made with broccoli and garlic 🙂
The entire soup is cooked and simmered in one pot. In this recipe I have not used cream. I pureed broccoli along with milk, made the soup smooth and creamy.
Broccoli soup can be served plain or with toasted bread.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Soup
Cuisine : World
1 Cup broccoli, chopped
4-5 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Small potato, chopped
1 Small onion, chopped
1 Teaspoon crushed peppercorns
1 Cup milk
1 Tablespoon oil
2 Cups water
Salt to taste
- Break the broccoli florets or you can even chop them.
- Heat enough water in a pot, let the water vigorously boil. Switch off the flame and add broccoli florets.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and then drain the florets (this is to get rid of the insects in the broccoli). Reserve few broccoli florets for garnish.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and sauté till olden brown. Add onion, sauté again until translucent.
- Add potato, salt, crushed peppercorns and water. Cover and cook till the potatoes are done.
- Add broccoli florets, stir and bring it to a boil.
- Now, using a hand blender, blend the mixture to a smooth puree.
- Add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Pour soup into individual serving bowls and garnish with broccoli florets.
Serve broccoli soup piping hot plain or with toasted bread.