This is one of the easiest desserts you could ever make. It can be made in few minutes, and the taste is so delicious, just taste exactly the same way when you buy from Indian sweets shops.
I prepared this sweet for get together, enjoyed fully while preparing and also sharing with family and friends. I have prepared malai peda using ricotta cheese; you can either use homemade cheese or paneer.
This is a really simple recipe that you should try during festivals, get together, rakhi and the list goes on and sometimes you don’t even need any reason to gobble up on these sweet ;-).
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Total time : 50 minutes
Servings : 20 Pedas
Category : Dessert
Cuisine : Indian
2 Cups ricotta cheese
1 Cup milk powder
1 Cup sugar
5-6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Heat butter in a wide mouthed pan on low to medium heat.
- Add ricotta cheese and stir constantly. The cheese would first loosen up and then the liquid starts evaporating.
- Once the cheese gets its texture, add in the sugar. Stir constantly on medium flame and also make sure the consistency is watery and also there not be any lumps in the mixture.
- Once the mixture starts to boil its time to add milk powder.
- Now, let the mixture cook on medium to low flame until all the water evaporates and the oil separating out of the mixture.
- Keep stirring constantly and after 8 to 9 minutes you will see all the moisture evaporated. Turn off the flame and allow the mixture cool for sometime.
- Divide the mixture into small lemon size balls and shape into a ball and flatten it a little between your palms.
Have fun and enjoy!