Recipe of the week 🙂
I have been posting quite a few Prawn Recipes, and here is another one to add into the list. This time I tried Kadai Prawns and it did taste delicious. You know what I love the most in this recipe “the color” yes I mean it.
This is an easy curry recipe, in which prawns are cooked with tomato based masala and spices.
Let’s begin what say…
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 3 – 4
Category : Side dish
Cuisine : Indian
300 Gms prawns (shelled, de-veined and washed)
2 Cups onion, chopped
1½ Cups tomato, chopped
2-3 Green chilies, slit
1 Tablespoon ginger, chopped
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1 Tablespoon black peppercorns
2-3 Dried red chilies
2 Teaspoons coriander seeds
2 Teaspoons cumin seeds
1-2 Tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
- Clean, devein and wash the prawns.
- Heat a pan and slightly roast black peppercorns, dried red chilies, coriander seeds and cumin seeds. Coarsely grind the mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai, add onion, ginger and green chilies. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook till oil separates.
- Add in the ground mixture and mix again.
- Add prawns and mix altogether. Add in the half-cup of water, stir to mix. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium to low flame.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot!