Beetroot and tomato soup recipe is a very comforting and easy dish to make on winter. Since the weather is very cold and snowing outside in US, I thought I will share a recipe of soup today and found a beetroot in the refrigerator.
Beetroot and tomato, both are excellent sources of Vitamin C and provide substantial amounts of other nutrients as well, beets are packed with potassium and manganese, while tomatoes are full of vitamins A and K, also add even more potassium to the mix. The color of this soup is unbelievable.
You can have this soup with whole-wheat toasted bread and have it as a light lunch or dinner too.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Soup
Cuisine : Comfort food
1 Medium sized beetroot
1 Medium tomato
1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 Teaspoon crushed peppercorns
1 Teaspoon whole-wheat flour
1 Tablespoon oil or butter
2 Cups water
Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and chop beetroot.
- Cook beetroots and tomato in a pot with just enough water until soft or you can pressure-cook beetroot and tomato together for 3 whistles. Leave it to cool and blend it into a fine paste.
- In a same pot heat oil or butter, add chopped garlic and whole-wheat flour. Sauté and cook till the raw flavor are gone.
- Add in the puree and also add in 2 cups of water, salt and crushed peppercorns. Allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot in a soup bowl.