Recipe of the week 🙂
Chicken Makhani is one of my favorite Indian dishes. Today I prepared chicken makhani at home and I felt it tastes better than Indian restaurant! 😉
It can be made as mild or spicy as you wish by adjusting the red chili powder. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.”
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main
Cuisine : Indian
300 Gms chicken breast boneless
1 Tablespoon ginger -garlic paste
1 Tablespoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
For the gravy:
2 Cups roughly chopped tomatoes
1 Large roughly chopped onions
1 Tablespoon garlic and ginger paste
2 Tablespoons cashew
1 Teaspoon kasuri methi
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala
2 Teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons red chili powder
4 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons cream
2 Teaspoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes. Make a paste of ginger and garlic.
- Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder and salt. Mix well and keep it aside for at least 15 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil and fry the marinated chicken pieces, once done place it into a bowl.
- In the same pan add in the remaining oil, tbsp. of butter and add onion, salt. Sauté the onions until translucent. Add tomatoes and ginger- garlic paste.
- Add cashew, garam masala powder, red chili powder and sugar.
- Add some water, mix it well and allow it to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend the mixture into a fine puree.
- Strain it into the same pan (make sure there is minimal wastage).
- Add butter, cream, chicken, lemon juice and kasuri methi. Let it simmer for another 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish it with cream and butter chicken is ready to be served!