Tomato soup is my husband’s favorite soup and also mine. This soup is a very common and popular in Indian restaurants. This recipe is so quick to make.
This recipe is a hearty, healthy and protein packed homemade tomato Soup. Tomato soup is perfect for any time of the year; it’s particularly wonderful to have a steaming bowl of soup in cold winter.
A bowl of piping hot homemade soup topped with cream is one of the most comforting foods for me.
4 Medium tomatoes, cut in small pieces
1 Medium carrot, peeled and cut in small pieces
1 Small onion, finely chopped
3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 Teaspoon crushed peppercorns
1/2 Teaspoon sugar
1/4 Cup fresh cream
1 Tablespoon oil / butter
Corn flour (optional)
2 Cups water
Salt to taste
- Heat oil/ butter in a pan, sauté garlic, onions and carrots for few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and peppercorns. Cook until tomatoes are mushy.
- Let the tomatoes cool, then pure in blender.
- Strain the blended mixture in a strainer to remove seeds and skin.
- Now, to the same pan add in the blended mixture, 2 cups water, salt (if required), sugar, crushed peppercorns and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- If you find the soup is too thin then add 1 tbsp. of corn flour and mix well.
- Turn theheat to low and add cream. Switch off the flame.
Serve it topped with fresh cream and bread croutons. Enjoy a bowl of hot steaming homemade soup!!