Recipe of the week 🙂
The dish is a popular street food from South India. In this recipe, egg mixture is poured over the dosa and then cooked on a non-stick tawa with little oil. It has an amazing blend of flavors.
I am sharing a simple home-style Egg dosa recipe. It can be enjoyed as a breakfast or as an evening snack.
To make Egg dosa, regular dosa batter is used. Today we will learn how to make healthy and quick Egg dosa following these easy steps.
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Total time : 15 minutes
Serves : 2 Dosas
Category : Breakfast or Evening snacks
Cuisine : South Indian
1 Cup Dosa batter
0.5 Cup finely chopped onions
0.5 Cup chopped tomatoes
2 Tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
2 Finely chopped green chilies
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Tablespoon black pepper powder
Oil for making dosas
Salt to taste
- Beat eggs slightly with a little salt, black pepper powder and turmeric powder using a fork.
- Add finely chopped onion, tomato, green bell pepper and green chilies.
- Grease a tawa with oil and heat it. Pour a ladle of dosa batter on the tawa and spread it in a circular motion.
- After a few seconds, pour the egg mixture on the dosa and spread it all over the dosa with a spoon. Drizzle a tsp. of oil around the dosa.
- Cook until the base firms, flip it over to the other side and cook for a few seconds.
- Once the egg is cooked, fold it from both the sides and remove the dosa from the tawa. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.