There is no Indian kid grows up without Maggi, and some of us don’t ever grow out of it. Here is an interesting twist to that.
Take whatever vegetables you have at home. Once all these vegetables are cooked add cooked brown rice to it and also add the Maggi masala and its done.
Enjoy the rice!
Prep time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 50 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Rice dish
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup brown rice
1 Small sliced onion
1 Inch ginger chopped
2 Green chilies, slit
1 Medium sized carrot
5-6 French beans
1/4 Cup fresh green peas
1 Small potato
1 Packet Maggi masala
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Cook brown rice with 2 cups of water with the lid on for 20- 30 minutes on a medium flame or until the rice is cooked.
- Cut potatoes into cubes, beans into 1-inch pieces, dice carrots and thinly slice the onion. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil; add in the onions, green chilies and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes or until onion turns translucent.
- Then add the vegetables, salt and Maggi masala. Sauté for a few more minutes.
- When done, add in the cooked brown rice and mix well.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes more and switch off flame.
Serve hot with raita or papad or pickle.