Here is an easy and quick quinoa upma breakfast recipe. Quinoa is a good source of proteins; it is beneficial for vegetarians as well as vegans.
Serve quinoa upma hot with pickle or with simple yogurt. Here are some more quinoa recipe in my blog Chicken, Vegetable And Quinoa Soup, Kale Quinoa Salad With Roasted Zucchini And Asparagus – Healthy Salad Recipe, Quinoa Moong Dal, Quinoa Tawa Pulao – Healthy Recipe, Quinoa Poha – Healthy Recipe, Quinoa And Mixed Vegetable Pulao.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Breakfast
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup quinoa
1 Small onion, finely chopped
2 Green chilies, finely chopped
1 Inch ginger, finely chopped
1/2 Cup carrot, finely chopped
1/2 Teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 Teaspoon urad dal
2 Cups of water
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Wash the quinoa well in a sieve under running water and keep it aside.
- Chop carrots, onion, ginger and green chilies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal. When dal turns golden brown, add curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, ginger and sauté until onions turn transparent.
- Add in the chopped carrots and needed salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and put 2 cups of water.
- When water starts boiling, reduce the flame and add quinoa. Cook covered on low flame. Stir once in between.
- Once all the water has evaporated, turn off the heat and mix well.
- Enjoy with pickle or yogurt!!