This is my third winter in US, and I feel like having Hot! Hot! soups everyday instead of salads ;-). Hot and sour noodles soup is really very simple to prepare. I have prepared the hot and sour noodles soup in my version kinda hot and sour soup, just added noodles and that’s it. I AM DONE!
Soup is filling. Soup is warming. Soup is healthful J. I was tired with repeating the same soups, which I have posted earlier in my blog, so this week I decided to add a Chinese touch to the soup.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Soup
Cuisine : Comfort food, Indo Chinese
2 Ounces dried noodles
1/4 Cup carrot, finely chopped
1/4 Cup beans, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon onion, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon mushroom, chopped
1 Tablespoon green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon garlic and ginger, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon spring onion greens
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
2 Tablespoons dark soya sauce
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons red chili sauce
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 Teaspoon sugar
2 Cups water
Salt to taste
- Finely chop all the vegetables.
- Cook noodles in boiling water 5 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well. Set aside.
- Take a wok, heat oil and add ginger, garlic and onion. Sauté on a medium flame until transparent.
- Add in the finely chopped vegetables, sauté for minutes. Add in the soya sauce and sugar, mix well. Add water and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chili sauce and continue to cook.
- Mix the corn flour in 4 tbsps. of water and keep aside.
- Once the veggies are almost cooked add in the corn flour paste and give a quick stir.
- Now, add drained noodles and cook over moderate heat for just about 3 minutes.
- Add in the vinegar, salt and black pepper powder.
Switch off the flame and serve hot!