Paneer Paratha is a delicious dish in which the Indian bread is stuffed with paneer or cottage cheese. Paneer paratha is one of the popular paratha varieties from Punjab. The dish is everybody’s favorite served in most restaurants Punjabi dhabas.
It is great for breakfast or lunch box for kids. Paneer is an excellent source of protein for toddlers and kids.
To make paneer paratha we need very few ingredients crumbled paneer, green chilies, ginger and few spices. You can vary the flavoring as per taste. Make sure to fry the paratha very well. The edges should be well cooked.
Serve paneer paratha hot with yogurt or pickle.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
Yields : 6 Parathas
Category : Breakfast, Dinner
Cuisine : Indian, Punjab
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon oil
Oil for frying parathas
Salt to taste
Ingredients for stuffing:
40 Gms crumbled paneer
2 Chopped green chilies
1 Teaspoon chopped ginger
1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 Teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 Teaspoon garam masala
1/4 Teaspoon red chili powder
Pinch of amchur powder
Salt to taste
- Take a cup of wheat flour; add 1 tbsp. oil, salt needed and make soft dough by adding water little at a time. Knead the dough well, cover and let it sit for 20 minutes.
Stuffing for paneer paratha:
- Crumble paneer; add finely chopped ginger, green chilies, cumin seeds, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur powder, red chili powder, finely chopped cilantro and salt needed. Mix everything well. Stuffing for the paratha is ready. Keep it aside.
- Now divide the prepared dough into equal sized balls out of it.
- Roll it out into small circle, Keep one portion of filling in the middle of the rolled circle, gather all the edges to the center and close it from all sides
- Now dust wheat flour and roll the pocket gently applying very little pressure into a thick paratha.
- Heat tawa and place the rolled out paratha on it. Cook for few seconds, you will see few bubbles on top.
- Flip the paratha, apply some oil on it. Flip again and cook oiled side by pressing lightly with spatula.
- Again apply oil, flip and cook by pressing to cook second oiled side.
Serve hot with pickle and curd.