Recipe of the week 🙂
Bread paneer rolls are probably the easiest and quickest snack you can make with some bread slices and paneer filling. This recipe is of spiced crumbled paneer stuffed in bread slices and then shallow fried. Paneer is an Indian cheese also known as chena that is liked by all and used in many dishes.
Most of the times I make bread potato stuffed rolls. I have already shared this recipe of bread potato roll.
I usually toast the bread on a tawa, but you can bake these in an oven too.
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Yields : 6 Rolls
Category : Appetizer, Snacks
Cuisine : Indian
6 Slices of bread (white or brown)
200 Gms crumbled paneer
2 Green chilies chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
Oil as needed
Salt to taste
Preparation of paneer stuffing:
- If using the frozen paneer, then keep it soaking in warm water for 10-15 minutes. Drain well and remove the excess moisture from the paneer, by patting with paper towel. (Skip this step if using freshly homemade paneer).
- Crumble the paneer very well and keep aside.
- To the crumbled paneer add in the chopped green chilies, ginger, cumin seeds, black pepper powder, cilantro and needed salt. Mix well.
Preparation of bread rolls:
- Trim off the crust of the bread-using knife. Now, with a rolling pin slightly flatten the bread.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the paneer stuffing and spread it in the bread evenly. Pat it gently.
- Gently roll in from one end, making sure that the filling stays well within the first turn of the roll and seal the edges by applying little warm water to the edges.
- Repeat the same till all the bread slices are rolled.
- Lightly brush some oil on the rolls. Don’t brush too much oil as bread absorbs lots of oil.
- Preheat tawa and lightly toast in a tawa or pan until all sides are browned.
Serve with tomato sauce or green chutney.