Recipe of the week 🙂
I love recreating our favorite restaurant recipes at home. I made it first time for Thanksgiving dinner and we loved it!
This pasta is loved by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike makes it so much better. Yesterday we went to Cheesecake Factory and ordered Louisiana Chicken Pasta. I was not in the mood to eat chicken, so I asked them to bring the chicken on the side!
This is the simplest pasta you will ever make yet so delicious and perfect if having guests over and just for special dinner for your loved ones!
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Pasta
Cuisine : Italian/ American
1 Lb. pasta of your choice
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 Cup onion, chopped
1/4 Red bell pepper, chopped
2 Teaspoons red chili flakes
1 Cup heavy cream
1/2 Teaspoon pepper powder
1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
1 Teaspoon seasoning
3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add and cook the paste in the boiling and salted water until al dente.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a pot, add oil. Add crushed garlic and sauté for few seconds.
- To it add chopped onion, red bell pepper and sauté for 4-6 minutes until cooked but still crisp.
- Add chili flakes, heavy cream, seasoning and salt. Cook for few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add pasta to this thick sauce and mix all together, so that the pasta is well coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle with pepper powder. Taste and adjust seasoning if need to as per your taste.
Grate Parmesan cheese over the top and serve.