Here is my super simple upma recipe that we have never had for breakfast yet. Rava upma was never a favorite while growing up, that’s the reason I used to never prepare at home. Today I am preparing this vegetable upma because my husband requested, as my husband likes it a lot. Vegetable upma is very easy to prepare and is also healthy as I am adding load of vegetables.
Today we will learn how to make vegetable rava upma following these easy steps.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Breakfast
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup semolina (rava)
1 Small onion
2 Finely chopped green chilies
1 Inch ginger
1/2 Cup green peas
1 Medium size carrot
5-6 French beans
1 Teaspoon mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon oil
1/2 Teaspoon ghee
2 Cups of water
Salt to taste
- Dry roast rava until hot to touch. Since I had bought double roasted rava, so I skipped this step.
- Chop all the vegetables finely and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil and crack mustard seeds. When crackles add curry leaves, green chilies and ginger.
- Add chopped onion, sauté until transparent.
- Add all vegetables and cook with the lid on it for 2-3 minutes, don’t overcook the vegetables.
- Add 2 cups of water, needed salt and bring it to boil. When water starts boiling, add 1/2 tsp. of ghee.
- Reduce the heat to low, add rava gradually and stir continuously, so that it does not form lumps.
- Cover and cook on low heat. Once the water is absorbed, mix well and cook uncovered on low heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring in between.
Rava Vegetable upma is ready to be served.