Gobi Matar is everybody’s favorite and a loved veggie in every household. I usually prepare Aloo Gobi Matar Dry and gobi matar masala, but then I realized that haven’t posted gobi matar masala. So, here is the simple and tasty recipe.
The dish is made with minimal ingredients that you will find easily in your pantry. This dish is truly a delight to have with steamed rice, roti or with paratha.
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 40 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Side dish
Cuisine : North Indian
500g Cauliflower or 1 Medium cauliflower
1/2 Cup green peas (Matar)
1 Medium onion, chopped
1/2 Cup tomato, chopped
2-3 Green chilies, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger- garlic
1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 Teaspoon coriander powder
1 Tablespoon kasuri methi or fenugreek leaves
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Separate cauliflower into small florets. Wash it well and put them in hot salted and turmeric water for 5 minutes. Drain the water completely.
- Finely chop onion, tomato, ginger and garlic. Slit green chilies.
- Heat oil; once it is warm add cumin seeds.
- Then, add finely chopped ginger-garlic and slit green chilies. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add onion and salt, which will speed up the cooking. Sauté until translucent.
- Now, add tomato following with dry ingredients red chili powder, turmeric powder, kasuri methi, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix well and cook for a few more minutes until the raw smell goes.
- Add in the green peas and cauliflower, mix well and add 1/2-cup water, cover and cook for 3-4 min or till you find cauliflowers are soft.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot!!