Recipe of the week 🙂
Matar paneer is one of the oldest dishes in North Indian household. Matar paneer is also one of the most selling dish in restaurants. You can also prepare this simple delicious dish at home when you have guest visiting for dinner.
So let’s get started 🙂
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 3 -4
Cuisine : North Indian, Punjabi
Category : Main course
150 Gms cottage cheese (paneer)
1 Cup green peas
1 Medium onion, roughly chopped
1 Cup tomato, chopped
1 Inch ginger
3-4 Garlic clove
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1 Teaspoon cumin powder
2 Teaspoons coriander powder
1 Tablespoon fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
2 Tablespoons fresh cream
2 Tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
- In a bowl take hot water and dip cottage cheese (paneer) in it and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic and onion, sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and needed salt, mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Once it cools down, blend it into thick paste (do not add water).
- In the same pan heat 1 tbsp. of oil and splutter cumin seeds.
- Now, add in the masala paste and Cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well and cook till oil separates.
- Add in the fresh cream and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the green peas, paneer and dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi). Mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes so that paneer gets nicely coated with masala.
- Then add 1 cup of water and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and a tbsp. of fresh cream.