Vazhakka mezhukkupuratti is one of the easiest and flavorful Kerala dish. The dish goes best with steamed rice, pickle and rasam.. Ahh!!! My favorite combo….
So let’s begin..
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 20 minutes
Servings : 3
Category : Side dish
Cuisine : South Indian ,Kerala
2 Medium sized raw banana
1 Small onion
2-3 Green chilies
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
1 Teaspoon mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Peel the skin of raw banana and cut it into cubes.
- Finely slice onion and slit green chilies. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When crackles put curry leaves.
- Add onion, green chilies and salt. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add in the raw banana and turmeric powder. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the lid and cook on a low flame until slightly cooked.
- Once cooked remove the lid and keep sautéing until all water evaporates completely.
Serve with steamed rice, pickle and rasam.