Recipe of the week 🙂
It’s healthy, tasty, and very easy to make. This is just a really simple, versatile noodle dish that can be a staple vegetarian meal for vegetarians.
It is a great accompaniment to any Asian meal. Today we’re going to make a quick vegetable lo mein. It is packed with veggies and pretty accommodating with stuff you can get at most grocery stores.
It takes less than 30 minutes to make. Use whatever veggies you have at hand or pick your own veggies. I used cauliflower florets, carrots, broccoli florets, red bell pepper, snow peas, zucchini and baby corn.
So let’s get cooking!
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Dinner
Cuisine : Indo- Chinese
8 oz. Lo mein noodles
1 Small sliced onion
1/2 Cup carrots, julienned
1/2 Cup cauliflower florets
1/2 Cup broccoli florets
1 Medium size red bell pepper
1/2 Cup snow peas, ends trimmed
1 Small zucchini
1 Tablespoon minced chopped ginger and garlic
2 Tablespoons spring onion greens
1 Teaspoon soya sauce
1/2 Teaspoon pepper powder
2 Teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
Salt to taste
- Boil water adding a tsp. of oil and 1/2 tsp. of salt. When starts boiling add noodles and cook al dente.
- Drain the noodles in a colander and run cold water over it to prevent it from sticking to each other. Keep it aside.
- Over medium high heat, sauté garlic, ginger and onion until translucent.
- Add in mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower florets, broccoli florets and snow peas. Cook until tender, about 2 minutes
- Toss in red bell pepper, zucchini and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in noodles, soya sauce, sugar, needed salt and pepper to taste and stir to mix.
- Remove from heat and finish with sesame oil.
Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot!!