Gulab Jamun is a very popular dessert in India. Gulab jamun can be prepared in many ways. However, the easiest, and quickest way to prepare gulab jamun at home that tastes good by using the ready mix like Gits, MTR etc.
I prepared Gulab jamun with ready mix, which not only reduced my preparation time, but also melted-in-my- month. There are a few tricks to be followed to make tasty and soft Gulab jamuns. Lets see the recipe.
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 50 minutes
Servings : 20 Gulab jamuns
Category : Dessert, Sweets
Cuisine : Indian
100 Gms pack of Gits gulab jamun ready mix
3-4 Tablespoons milk or water
Oil for deep-frying
For making sugar syrup:
1½ Cups sugar
2½ Cups water
3-4 Cardamom pods, peeled and crushed
Method to prepare sugar syrup:
- In a deep pan, mix sugar, water and crushed cardamoms.
- Bring it to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves completely and syrup becomes slightly sticky. Keep it aside.
Method to make gulab jamun:
- Open the packet and transfer to a bowl. Then mix the gulab jamun flour well with your hands to remove all lumps.
- Then add milk or water evenly over it and make soft pliable dough. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Divide the dough equally and make small balls without any creases. This is very important.
- Now, heat oil and fry the gulab jamuns on medium heat. Keep stirring it gently for even cooking and browning. Remove with a slotted ladle when it becomes dark brown in color.
- Allow the gulab jamuns to cool a little, once it cools down drop them in hot sugar syrup.
- Let all the Gulab jamuns remain soaked in the sugar syrup for 1 hour. You can serve gulab jamuns hot or cold.
- If dough turns dry while making balls, add 1 tbsp. of milk in it and knead again.
- Allow gulab jamuns to cool down after deep-frying before adding them to warm sugar syrup.
- Sugar syrup must be warm before you add in fried jamuns in it.
Try making these easy Gulab jamuns at home and serve with vanilla ice cream for a double treat.