Some days back I had prepared coconut Ladoo, but not with jaggery. While the jaggery ones are healthier and tastier with the best aroma.
These coconut ladoo can be made to a set of burfi too with the same recipe. As I didn’t have fresh coconut in my hand, so prepared it with desiccated coconut. I did not grind to powder it, just took directly from the packet and started preparing ;-). If made correctly this recipe yields a burfi or a ladoo that does not stick to the fingers once it is cooled completely.
I made these ladoo yesterday evening. It actually tasted nice, so I thought of posting it here.
You can also check this Coconut Ladoo.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Yields : 12 ladoo
Category : Dessert, Diwali Sweet
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup desiccated coconut
1 Cup jaggery
1/2 Cup water
1/2 Teaspoon cardamom powder
1 Tablespoon ghee
- Melt and boil jaggery with half cup of water in a saucepan.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the grated coconut on a low flame for around 2 minutes until the moisture evaporates.
- Then, add in the jaggery syrup, cardamom powder and cook it until the mixture becomes thick.
- Switch off the flame and transfer it into a plate to cool the mixture slightly, divide and roll the mixture to lemon size bolls or spread it on a greased plate. Allow it to set, but still soft enough to cut them into your desired shape.
- Delicious coconut and jaggery ladoo is ready to be served.