Recipe of the week 🙂
It is so easy to prepare and also tastes good. I have added lot of vegetables to make it healthier. I served these noodles with popular Indo Chinese food paneer manchurian; I know the combo was little odd ;-).
To give a good flavor to the noodles, the entire sautéing of the noodles has to be done on a high flame. While making such recipes at home, it’s better to use a wok or large skillet.
Today I will show how to prepare vegetable noodles in simple steps..
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Breakfast, Lunch
Cuisine : Indian
1 Packet noodles approx. 160 gms
1 Small onion, sliced
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger and garlic
1/2 Cup baby carrots
1/2 Cup broccoli florets
5-6 Snow peas
4-5 French beans
1/2 Cup thinly sliced cabbage
1/2 Cup green bell pepper
2-3 Teaspoons chicken / vegetable seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon pepper powder
1 Tablespoon cooking oil (any vegetable oil)
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
Salt to taste
- Bring water to boil adding a tsp. of oil and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Then add noodles to the boiling water.
- Do not overcook the noodles. It should be cooked al dente.
- Drain the noodles in a colander and run cold water over it to prevent it from sticking to each other.
- Cut the vegetables baby carrot, onions, cabbage, snow peas, french beans and green bell pepper.
- Heat oil in a wok; add finely chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté for few minutes.
- Add onions and sauté for few more seconds on high flame followed by baby carrot, cabbage, broccoli, snow peas, french beans and green bell pepper. Sauté the vegetables on high flame. You should not overcook the vegetables(It should retain the crunchiness).
- Then add in the seasoning and mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles, pepper powder and salt; toss everything together, so that the noodles get well coated. Switch off the flame and garnish with spring onion greens.
- Add sesame oil and toss slightly.
- The whole process has to be done on high flame, stirring continuously.