It is the easiest, simplest and healthiest dry South Indian dish, wherein chopped carrot is stir- fried with minimum spices.
It is very powerful and is rich in vitamin A. I use carrot raw in salads, so that I can get full nutritional benefits :-). Many important minerals are lost, if it is overcooked.
So let’s begin 🙂
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 3
Category : Side dish
Cuisine : South Indian ,Kerala
200 Gms carrot
1 Small onion chopped
2-3 Green chilies chopped
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
1 Teaspoon mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Wash, peel, finely chop carrots and green chilies .
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds then put curry leaves.
- Add onion, green chilies and salt. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add in the chopped carrots and turmeric powder. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the lid and cook on a low flame until slightly cooked.
- Once cooked remove the lid and keep sautéing until all water evaporates completely. Cook till it changes color and is slightly crispy and switch off the flame.
Carrots stir fry goes well as a side dish for steamed rice.