Lauki is also known as Dudhi and Bottle gourd.
Lauki is a versatile vegetable that can be used in preparing variety of savory and sweet dishes. In Indian cooking, lauki is often combined with various lentils to make wonderful dishes.
This lauki dry recipe is an easy and quick recipe and goes very well with roti.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4
Cuisine : Indian
Category : Side dish
1 Medium size chopped lauki (Bottle Gourd)
1 Medium onion, chopped
1 Small tomato, chopped
2-3 Green chilies, slit
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger and garlic
1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
1 Teaspoon coriander powder
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Peel the skin and cut bottle gourd into medium cubes.
- Chop tomatoes, onion, ginger and garlic. Slit green chilies.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When crackles add chopped ginger, garlic and slit green chillies, sauté for few seconds.
- Add in the onion and salt, sauté until translucent.
- Add tomato along with dry powders. Sauté and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Now, add lauki and mix well. Close the lid and cook for at least 3-4 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro