Recipe of the week 🙂
Scrambled egg sandwich is very simple, quick and easy to make sandwich. You don’t require many ingredients to prepare the sandwich. For breakfast I usually make bread omelette, but today I thought of preparing something different. Husband and me like egg recipes, as they are easy, quick and healthy.
First I made scrambled eggs and then I stuffed them in bread and grilled, you can make them on pan too.
So let’s begin to today’s recipe…
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Breakfast, Teatime snacks, Lunch box for kids
Cuisine : Fusion
4 Slices of bread
1 Small onion, finely chopped
1 Small tomato, finely chopped
2 Green chilies chopped
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 Teaspoon pepper powder
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Finely chop onion, tomato and green chilies.
- Whisk together eggs with a little salt and turmeric powder using a fork.
- Add chopped onions, green chili and tomato to the egg mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the egg mixture. Sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until the eggs are cooked and scrambled.
- Add in the pepper and cilantro. Mix altogether.
- Once done, transfer these scrambled eggs in a bowl and allow them cool down for some time.
- Now take a bread slice and spread some butter on it. Put in the scrambled eggs on this bread.
- Again apply butter on the other one side of bread and cover it with the same bread and apply butter on bread side facing towards the grill. Repeat the same for rest of bread pieces.
- Place two sandwiches on toaster and toast until bread becomes brown and crispy or as you like your sandwich to be, repeat it for another batch.
- You can do the same on a hot tawa or pan too and press gently bread while roasting.