Today I am sharing a very simplest and easiest meal, which you can prepare on a busy day or the day when you don’t want to spend lot of time in your kitchen.
You get variety of noodles in groceries like rice noodles, hokkien noodles, whole-wheat noodles etc. and for healthier option you can use whole-wheat noodles. I did not prepare it with whole wheat as I dint have at home, however noodles is not a frequent affair at my home but is only a stand by when me and husband feel like having it.
so lets prepare egg noodles following this easy recipe
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 3
Category : Breakfast, Dinner
Cuisine : Indo- Chinese
1 Packet noodles
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger and garlic
1 Small sliced onion
1 Medium sized carrot, julienned
5-6 French beans
1/2 Cup thinly sliced cabbage
1 Medium size red bell pepper
2 Tablespoons spring onion greens
1 Teaspoon tomato sauce
1 Teaspoon soya sauce
1/2 Teaspoon pepper powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
- Boil water adding a tsp. of oil and 1/2 tsp. of salt. When starts boiling add noodles and cook al dente.
- Drain the noodles in a colander and run cold water over it to prevent it from sticking to each other. Keep it aside.
- Cut the vegetables carrot, onions, cabbage, french beans and red bell pepper lengthwise.
- Crack eggs and pour it into a small bowl, add a little salt and pepper to it. Beat and mix it with a fork and keep it ready.
- In a large wok heat oil, add finely chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté for few minutes.
- Add onions and salt. Sauté until translucent.
- Add vegetables and fry them partially cooked to keep them crunchy.
- Take the vegetables in a separate bowl and keep aside.
- Reduce the heat and pour the beaten eggs, scramble and cook till done.
- Once it is cooked add in the cooked vegetables, tomato sauce, soya sauce and pepper powder. Mix everything well.
- Add the noodles and check for the salt. Increase the flame and toss on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!!