Recipe of the week 🙂
Here is a great spicy dry paneer dish, which you can serve it as an appetizer or with paratha as a side. This paneer recipe is one of the easiest and quick paneer dish to prepare, a dry recipe, which can be cooked in less than 30 minutes.
It is the dish that vegetarians as well as non-vegetarians love it equally.
For more easy paneer recipes on the blog are paneer tikka, paneer tikka masala, baby corn and paneer Jalfrezi, achari paneer, paneer makhani, paneer burji, tawa paneer masala, paneer masala, palak paneer.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 3-4
Category : Appetizer or Side dish
Cuisine : Indian
250 Gms paneer or cottage cheese
1 Large onion, chopped
1 Medium size tomato, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger- garlic
2-3 Finely chopped green chilies
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/3 Teaspoon coriander powder
1/3 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1/3 Teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 Teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds
2 Tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
- In a bowl take hot water and dip paneer (cottage cheese) in it and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Chop the paneer in 1/2- inch cubes.
- Finely chop onion, tomatoes, green chilies, ginger and garlic.
- In a pan heat oil on a medium flame and crackle cumin seeds.
- Add in the chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies, sauté for few seconds.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Add in the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder, mix well and cook the spices for a minute on a low flame.
- Now, add in the paneer cubes and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Serve hot with paratha or as an appetizer.