I am here again with healthy recipe, which is made with methi (fenugreek). This recipe is flavored with very basic spices.
Fenugreek leaves has faint bitter taste. But if you don’t like the bitter flavor, you can reduce the bitterness of methi leaves by using simple steps.
1) Take chopped leaves in a colander, sprinkle some salt and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
2) Then squeeze out all the water, with this water bitter taste is also flushed.
So let’s begin today’s recipe…
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Rice dish, Lunch
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup cooked white rice
1 Cup fenugreek /methi leaves tightly packed
1/2 Cup onion sliced
1 Small tomato, chopped
2-3 Green chilies, chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger and garlic
1/2 Teaspoon cumin powder
1 Teaspoon coriander powder
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for 10-15 minutes and cook adding 1 cup of boiling water for 1 whistle.
- Once cooked, fluff it with a fork. Spread and allow it to cool. The cooked grains should be separate.
- Wash methi leaves thoroughly in running water and chop them finely.
- Finely chop ginger, garlic, green chilies, tomatoes and slice onion.
- In a wok heat oil and add cumin seeds. When splutters add in the green chilies, chopped ginger-garlic, onion and salt. Sauté for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, along with turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and red chili powder. Sauté and cook until mushy.
- Add methi leaves, sauté it on a medium flame.
- Now add in the rice, mix it very gently till everything is incorporated well. Make sure not to break the rice grains.