Recipe of the week 🙂
Paneer manchurian is very popular recipe, the recipe you will find in many Indian restaurants’ Chinese menu. I love Chinese food, be it the authentic original Chinese food or the Indo Chinese Food.
Paneer manchurian is an easy dish to prepare. Paneer cubes coated with a spicy, sweet and tangy sauce.
Paneer manchurian can be served as an appetizer. You don’t need any other accompaniment to go along with this dish. Since the sweet tangy sauce, coats the paneer cubes very well.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Appetizer
Cuisine : Indo Chinese
250 Gms paneer or cottage cheese
Oil for deep-frying
For the batter:
2 Tablespoons refined flour
2 Tablespoons corn flour
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 Teaspoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
For the sauce:
1 Small onion, chopped
3 Spring onions with greens
1 Tablespoon ginger- garlic, chopped
2-3 Green chilies, chopped
1/3 Cup spring onion whites
1/2 Cup green bell pepper
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons soya sauce
1/2 Teaspoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon corn flour
1/4 Cup + 3 Tablespoons of water for diluting corn flour
1 Tablespoon oil
- Finely chop onion, green chilies, ginger, garlic, green bell pepper and spring onion whites.
- Dice paneer in cubes. Pat dry them with a clean kitchen towel.
Preparation of batter:
- In a bowl, combine refined flour, corn flour, black pepper powder, red chili powder and salt. Mix well with water to get a thick batter.
- Now, heat sufficient oil in a pan and deep-fry the paneer/ cottage cheese till golden. Drain the excess oil onto the kitchen towel and set aside.
Preparation of sauce and gravy:
- In a pan heat oil, add spring onion whites and chopped onion. When it becomes translucent add in the green bell pepper, green chilies and chopped ginger – garlic.
- Then, add water, soya sauce, tomato sauce and needed salt.
- Add the corn flour slurry slowly and keep on stirring while adding it so that lumps are not formed.
- Add the fried paneer and mix well. Add vinegar and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion greens serve hot.