I am in love with pistachios and my favorites. Pistachios are packed with nutrition. I am always so in love Pistachio ice cream, so I decided to make this pistachio milkshake.
It is an excellent nourishing and healthy drink. It has dual advantage in both summer and winter too. The recipe below is basic; certainly adjust the sugar amount to your liking.
So let’s begin…
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Beverages – Milkshake
Cuisine : World
1.5 Cups pistachios blanched and peeled
2-3 Tablespoons sugar (as per requirement)
2 Cups milk
1/2 Teaspoon cardamom powder
To make pista paste:
- Grind one-cup pista to a coarse paste with a little milk.
For the pista milkshake:
- Heat milk into a saucepan, and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer till it reduces slightly.
- Add pista puree to the milk and cook till it thickens some more.
- Add sugar and mix well to dissolve.
- Add cardamom powder into it and mix that well.
- Boil it for 3-4 minutes more on low flame and switch it off.
- Garnish with finely chopped pista and enjoy the pistachio milk in room temperature or chilled.