Here are the last few days of summer and it’s time for the shake. Badam milk shake is a must consumed drink during hot summers as it keeps us refreshed throughout the day.
Almond is popularly known as “badam” in Hindi. This traditional and healthiest badam milk recipe is made after soaking them for 6 to 8 hours and then prepares it; doing this way has a numerous health benefits.
Almond milk shake is so easy to prepare and we just need almond paste to mix it with milk and then boiling with sugar. Its given good aroma of cardamom powder, which actually lifts the flavors of the whole badam shake.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Beverages – Milkshake
Cuisine : World
2 Full glasses of cream milk
15 Almonds or badam
2 Tablespoons sugar (as per requirement)
1/2 Teaspoon cardamom powder
To make badam paste:
- Soak badam or almonds for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours peel the almonds, add the almonds into the blender, add a tablespoon of milk and blend it to fine paste.
For the badam milkshake:
- Pour milk into a saucepan, and bring it to a boil.
- Add blended badam paste and cook for 8-10 minutes on a low flame. Keep stirring in between.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder into it and mix that also well.
- Boil it for 3-4 minutes more on low flame and switch it off.
- Chill the badam milk for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Pour them into the glass and garnish with finely chopped almonds.
Serve and enjoy chilled with ice cubes and you can even serve with out refrigerating.
If badam shake has to be made instantly, then blanch the almonds in hot water for 10-15 minutes, take them out, peel them, add into the blender, add some milk and make a paste.