It’s been long since I made kappa puzhungiyathu and kanthari mulaku chammanthi. I am tired of usual breakfast, so thought of preparing something different today with Kerala dishes.
This is a timeless and popular cuisine of Kerala that sets the mouth watering and the taste buds tingling. This can be eaten in breakfast or evening snacks. This can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. If you haven’t tried this combo yet, give it a try. I guarantee you and your family will surely love it… 🙂
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 3-4
Category : Breakfast, Evening sancks
Cuisine : Kerala, South Indian
2 Large cassava / tapioca root
Salt to taste
Water as required
- Remove the skin of tapioca root. Wash it well and dice into 4-5 round long pieces.
- Pour enough water and needed salt to the tapioca so that all the pieces will be immersed completely. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or till it turns soft and tender.
- Remove from the flame. Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
Serve with spicy kanthari mulaku chammanthi and enjoy.
Kanthari Mulaku Chammanthi / Green Chili Dip
Prep time : 5 minutes
Servings : 4
8-10 Bird’s eye chilies or Green chilies/ Kanthari mulaku
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
Salt to taste
- Crush together green chilies, shallots and salt using a food processor or mortar and pestle.
- Transfer this to a bowl, add coconut oil. Mix well until combined. Serve with boiled cassava.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste. For best result, use kanthari mulaku/bird’s eye chilies for the chutney/ dip.