Fried rice is the most popular Chinese food ever. It is very easy to prepare at home, all you need is a simple ingredients.
The best way to use up leftover rice and make it into an appetizing and flavorful fried rice meal for the entire family!
Here is a quick recipe for Indo Chinese Vegetable Fried rice recipe
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Rice dish
Cuisine : Indo- Chinese
1 Cup cooked rice
1 Small chopped onion
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger and garlic
1 Medium sized chopped carrot
5-6 French beans, chopped
1/2 Cup shredded cabbage
1/4 Cup green bell pepper
2 Tablespoons spring onion greens
2-3 Teaspoons soya sauce
1 Teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon pepper powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for 10-15 minutes and cook adding 1 cup of boiling water and a tsp. of oil.
- Once cooked, fluff it with a fork. Spread and allow it to cool. The cooked grains should be separate.
- Finely chop garlic, ginger, beans, carrot, green bell pepper and spring onion greens.
- Shred cabbage into thin fine strips.
- In non- stick wok heat oil, add ginger and garlic. Stir for a minute.
- Add onion, french beans, carrots, green bell pepper, cabbage and half spring onion greens. Sauté for 2-3 minutes on a high flame. Continuous stirring is necessary as we want the vegetables to be crunchy and not fully cooked.
- Add cooked rice, soya sauce, vinegar, needed salt and pepper powder. Mix well and serve hot.
- The whole procedure should be done on high flame.