Today I am preparing a very simple; less spicy and delicious dish called vegetable pulao. If you have the vegetables ready, this pulao can be done in a few minutes time.
Pickle, roasted papad and raita pairs great with vegetable pulao.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Rice dish
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup rice
1 Small sliced onion
1 Medium sized carrot
5-6 French beans
1/4 Cup fresh green peas
Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
1 Tablespoon ghee
1 Inch piece cinnamon stick
1 Bay leaf
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes. Drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- Cut beans into 1 inch pieces, dice carrots and slice onion. Keep it aside.
(You can also use vegetables of your choice like potatoes, cauliflower florets etc..).
- Heat pressure cooker and add ghee. Add cardamom, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and cloves fry it for a minute.
- Add in the sliced onion and sauté it for a minute.
- Add carrot, beans and green peas, sauté for few more minutes.
- Add in the soaked rice and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of boiled water. Stir to mix.
- Close the lid and wait for the first whistle on medium to low flame.
- Turn off the flame; let the pressure cooker cools down completely.
Serve hot with raita or papad or pickle.